A Few of my Favorite Things…4
October 25, 2010 by buttermilkbaker
I’m ashamed. I have to disappoint you. I made a promise last night that I simply could not keep. I promised you photos of delicious Beantown cuisine, and alas, I come up short.
You see, when I arrived in Boston today, it was rainy and cold–a typical blustery New England day. As in, so not a day for snapping photos. As in…I took none.
For this I am truly, truly sorry. This makes me a flake. A failure. A complete and utter disappointment.
HowEVER, I’m hoping that I can make it up to you. With a full-on photo montage of, you guessed it, my favorite (foodie) things.
I mean, we did just meet. We should probably get to know each other first, you know, before becoming involved. It is obviously inevitable that we will someday be inseparable, but let’s start this right, right? I am a lady, after all.
So here it is, a list of some of my very favorite things in this whole, wide, delectably delicious world:
10. Curly fries. There’s something about those curlycues that I just can’t resist. Crispy on the outside, soft and potatoey on the inside, and perfectly spiced, these are my very favorite type of fry. (Close runner-up: steakhouse fries. Mmmhmmm.)
9. Pancakes. (yes, all kinds)
8. Cranberry bagels. With cream cheese + strawberry jam, orrrr blueberry cream cheese. I know, I know, it’s weird. Get over it.
7. Self-Serve froyo. Muahahaha.
6. Fuji apples. To me, they are the perfect apple: crisp, sweet, and dense. I could eat 3 a day, everyday, no contest.
5. Ketchup…glorious, glorious ketchup. Trader Joe’s Organic is the. BEST. Even better than Heinz. Yup, I said it.
4. Angelina’s Hot Chocolate (l’Africain, for you snobs out there). Okay, okay, okay…so maybe I don’t jet off to Paris every time I want a cup of hot chocolate. I can dig Starbucks’ Signature Hot Chocolate as much as the next guy. I even like the generic Swiss Miss they serve up in our dining halls. But if you’re ever in Paris, you must, must, must make it to Angelina’s, and order l’Africain. You’ll thank me later.
3. Peanut Butter & Co.’s The Bee’s Knees: honestly, the perfect PB. Salty peanuts + sweet, sweet honey = heaven in my mouth.
2. Diet Dr. Pepper. I’m not ashamed. (see below)
1. TEX-MEX. You guessed it, I’m a Texas girl. And whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Tex-Mex is always on my mind. (I also put salsa in my egg whites in the morning, which turns them a lovely shade of pink that the Boy loves to scowl at disapprovingly.) I even have a recipe for homemade flour tortillas on my (ridiculously long) list of bookmarked recipes to make. Get excited!
Well, I hope you enjoyed reading my somewhat haphazard list of favorite food items, that was fun! Maybe it’ll become a Sunday ritual. Top 10 Favorite Ice Cream flavors, Top 10 Favorite Muffins, Top 10 Favorite Restaurants…the possibilities are endless! Tell me, what are some of your favorite things?
Cute blog! I love seeing top ten lists, and I’m always curious about people’s favorite foods. I’m with ya on the Tex-Mex! My favorites include:
9. Naturally More peanut butter
8. Cookies & cream ice cream in a cone
7. Any lemon flavored dessert (lemon bars, lemon meringue pie…)
6. Vanilla yogurt mixed with applesauce and walnuts
4. Veggie pizza
2. Blueberry pancakes
1. Cheese enchiladas, rice & beans, guacamole & salsa (w/ chips!)
I love your top ten!! Tex-Mex all the way. Veggie pizza is definitely up there for me, too–thanks for commenting!
Hi – I like your blog – I just stumbled upon it via a comment. I also just started a blog and have been thinking about doing some posts about my Favorite things. Some of mine would be:
– milk chocolate (especially Lindt)
– tomatoes (my favorite vegetable that is actually a fruit)
– sushi (covered in soy sauce, certainly).
Ooh, Lindt chocolates are delicious indeed! And good tomatoes are hard to beat. Thanks so much for stopping by!