November 3, 2010 by buttermilkbaker
I thought it only appropriate to follow a breakfast-inspired dessert with a dessert-inspired breakfast. Behold, pumpkin pie oats:
What’s in there:
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond breeze (USAB)
- 1/3 cup water
- pinch salt
- cinnamon to taste (LOTS for me!)
- dashes nutmeg, ginger, & vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
Sent to nuke for about 1:30 (this took more like 2 mins this morning, maybe because of the extra liquid in the pumpkin?), then topped with:
- 1 tsp smart balance light
- pecan streusel (leftover from yesterday)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- splash USAB
- 1 truvia packet + few dashes cinnamon, sprinkled on top
How was it, you ask?
A.mazing. I’d never done pumpkin pie oats so this was revolutionary for me. I’d also never added smart balance light (SBL) to my oats, and it made SUCH a difference! So much buttery goodness. That, mixed with the cinnamon-stevia mixture and the leftover streusel was to die for. I highly recommend this recipe!!
Happy hump day!